Why Tiny Houses are Popular in California
As of late, it seems that everybody is talking about the tiny house movement. These miniature versions of full-size houses are often packed with tons of neat, space-saving ideas and environmentally friendly appliances. With reasons like this, it’s no wonder why more people are starting to look at tiny houses for sale in California.
However, the tiny house movement is more than just about neat looking houses. It is an entire social movement. Those who chose to adopt the tiny house life are usually minimalist who want less material possessions in their lives, as well as wanting to leave less of an impact on our fragile environment.
A tiny house is usually defined as less than 400 square feet and is usually built on a solid foundation of on a trailer with wheels. And, with the average size of a single-family home approaching 2500 square feet, it’s no wonder that people are starting to realize that are taking up too much space and with more space, means more cost.
One important aspect of tiny house living is that you will no longer be a victim of paying for space that you don’t even use. Many tiny home owners can often live debt-free and get to enjoy a few other benefits that can’t be found when living in a full-size home.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses
In this section, we will go over some of the key benefits that tiny home owners get to enjoy.
- Sustainability – More people are starting to realize that in living our conventional lives, we are creating a lot of garbage and needing more and more money to be able to maintain our households. Those who adopt a tiny house get to make a sustainable choice that helps reduce our impact on the environment. Many tiny homes are outfitted with generators or solar panels and do not rely on utilities the way you normally would. Some tiny homes may even employ completely organic appliances such as using a compost toilet instead of a traditional sewage system.
- Minimums – Another thing that people are starting to realize is that, in general, we have far more things than we truly need in life. We have these giants home which we fill with things that often serve no practical purpose. When you purchase tiny houses for sale in California, you will be forced to part ways with a lot of your possessions. Tiny houses simply do not have the space required to store things that you never use. This, in turn, means that you will have less clutter and a house that is easier to maintain.
- Mobility – – When you live in a tiny house, you are not tied down to huge mortgages and debts that can take a lifetime to pay off. Without constantly needing to worry about paying down your credit, you will be able to enjoy life more. You will be able to spend money on traveling, or if your tiny house is on wheels, you can simply pick up your entire life and move it wherever you want.
- Community – With a growing number of people turning towards the tiny house lifestyle, it is becoming easier to find other people who share the same values as you. In many regions, it has become easier to find tiny homes for sale in California and there are constantly new tiny house communities popping up all throughout the state.
Cost of Tiny Houses for Sale in California
There are countless factors that are going to influence the cost of tiny homes for sale in California. Many tiny homes can go for as low as $20,000. However, on the higher end, they can be closer to $150,000. The factors that will influence these prices are things such as location, lot and the types of building materials that are used for construction. The average cost for a small, single-family tiny house is closer to in between $70,000 and $120,000.
While some builders may give quotes as low as $30,000. This cost will likely only be the shell of the house and will leave the home owner with the final costs of finishing the interior of the house.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in California?
When looking for a tiny house, you have two options. You may either choose to buy a used tiny house or build one yourself.
Both methods have their own ups and downs. However, for those looking to move into their new house sooner, buying a tiny house might be the better option. The process is quite like financing a regular house, except for the fact that the mortgage would be significantly less than what it would be for a traditional home.
However, if the time allows it, the best option is to have your tiny house build for you. This guarantees that your dream house turns out exactly the way that you want it to and you will be able to enlist the help of a qualified tiny house contractor to help you along the way.
Why is Hiring a Builders Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in California?
The choice of enlisting the help of a qualified builder is often the better choice when compared to buying a previously used house. When you a hire a builder, you get to be involved in the process and will be able to make as many of the decisions about the house. This includes, design, layout and what types of building materials are used.
Here are a few key benefits as to what makes hiring a builder a better choice.
- Less expensive – The cost of using a builder will often be less than purchasing a used tiny home. Many owners, who are selling their tiny homes, are looking to make at least some small profit on the sale. This means that buying will often cost you significantly more than building your tiny home from the ground up.
- Solid quality – Contractors are experienced in building tiny homes and know how to build a solid structure that is guaranteed to last. When you buy a used tiny house, you will not get to see what went into the build and you will never truly know how solid the house truly is.
- Customization – As previously stated, a builder should involve you in the entire building process. This means that you get to totally customize your tiny home just the way you want it. You will get to choose which building materials are used, how the house is laid out and how the interior will be finished once the frame is completed.
- Involvement – When dealing with a builder, they should involve you in the entire process. Every decision that is made should be passed to you first. A good contractor will make sure to discuss any plans or changes that are being made and should always take your opinions into consideration.
- Furnishing – Many builders ever give you the option of furnishing your tiny house for you. This ensures that once complete, the house will be completely move-in ready. You will get to pick the furniture and what appliances get put into the house. A good builder should also ensure that all interior finishing is complete before furnishing the home.
What Can We Offer
Here, at Build Tiny House, we have committed ourselves to keeping our clients satisfied 100% of the time.
We want to offer our customers huge possibilities wrapped up in tiny packages. We know that tiny houses for sale in California is not just about saving money and being able to move around. It is an entire life philosophy about making life simpler for us and those around us, as well ass for the generations in the years to come. It is about making the world a better place and trying to protect our already delicate eco-system. Therefore, here at Build Tiny House, we are fully on board when it comes to sustainability and the environment.
Without the need for a mortgage or high levels of debt, we offer our clients the ability to do more of what they love in life. Living in a tiny house makes them want to get out and adventure into the world around them. Moreover, those with tiny houses on wheels can also enjoy being able to pick up and move their entire life around with them, wherever they may choose to go.
Aside from all the benefits, tiny house owners also get the chance to become part of a thriving community of like-minded people just like them. These people are focused on improving the world and building a better, more sustainable place to live.
We offer fully customizable tiny houses and we are delighted to work with each of our clients to make sure that their every need is met. This way, we can ensure that they end up with the tiny house of their dreams. Our team of engineers and highly-skilled staff are dedicated to getting things right the first time.
We keep you involved throughout the entire process from the initial discussions and planning, all the way until the final piece of siding is placed.
Build Tiny House provides beautiful and practical tiny houses and provides furnishing. This way our clients get to fully customize their house from the inside and out. We are also proud to announce the addition of Timber Framed tiny houses to our line-up.
This allows those looking for tiny houses for sale in California to make yet another choice that is sustainable and eco-friendly. Timber frame tiny houses also have great benefits such as being naturally fire-resistant and are a durable, non-toxic, natural insulator that is both flexible and functional. When building a tiny house with timber, the possibilities are nearly endless.
We want to see tiny houses popping up everywhere and are even offering delivery to anywhere in the United States for free. Be sure to check for our services in the following areas.
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in California
As with many US states, in California, one of the biggest issues surround tiny houses are its local zoning regulations. Most local municipalities have minimum size requirements for small single-family dwellings. These minimums include the height of the ceiling and the house’s square footage.
There are even zoning regulations that might prevent parking RVs or tiny homes on wheels on a property. These laws may leave you wondering where you will be able to place your tiny home. And, sadly, now, most people are confined to their own private backyards